Acronis has released a significant new version of Backup and Recovery.
This new product will help organisations simplify their disaster recovery and data protection needs across physical, virtual and cloud environments by providing its established disk imaging technology fully integrated with purpose-built data protection and backup features such as catalogue and search.
In a market where disaster recovery and data protection are traditionally provided in two separate solutions, Acronis is the first to announce a product that provides the two elements of file-based backup and system-level recovery in a single, affordable and easy-to-use product.
So now, in addition to its usual rapid disaster recovery capabilities, ABR v11 can perform multiple space efficient backups to disk (utilising deduplication), and provides catalogue based selection capabilities for restores.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 features include:
For All Environments:
- New: Data Protection Capabilities – Catalogue & Search
- Improved: Disaster Recovery Plans – step by step plan to make recovery easy
- New: Staging and multi-destination – reduce long term storage costs with staging and add redundancy with multi-destination backups to tape, disk and cloud
- Improved: Support for tape drives and tape libraries
- Improved GUI provides simplified workflows
- New: Ability to restore and migrate to dissimilar hardware for Linux environments
- Improved: Better deduplication performance
- New: Simultaneous backups of multiple virtual machines for VMware® ESX(i) and Microsoft Hyper-V® – allowing increased performance for backups of virtual environments
- New: Single agent for multiple VMware ESX(i) hosts – increases efficiency and simplifies management of backups for VMware vSphere® configurations
- New: LAN free backup – reduced CPU and network consumption
- New: Support for Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) – for Microsoft Hyper-V environments
ABR v11 provides a unique and cost effective solution for backup/restore and rapid DR.
Call us for assistance with configuring solutions and pricing.